Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Video Editing Effect: Film Burns (God > I)

I am at it again. I made another video for my class and also my own pleasure.

 This video is based off the passage in scripture, John 4:4 which says, "...Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." and uses a new effect that I learned about recently


God > i from Caleb Godsey on Vimeo.

One thing that I tried to accomplish in this video was a new effect using something called film burns. Notice on many of the clips there seems to be a transparent swirling light that keeps persisting throughout the clips and also a flash of light was used in the translation of many clips. These are called film burns.

Recently, in my Intro to Communications class, we had a special skype speaker named Laura Kenedy speak for class. Laura Kenedy is the Media Coordinator for The Galkin Evangelistic Team. Some of Laura's responsibilities as the Media Coordinator are making videos, taking pictures, keeping up the website and much more. You can visit her blog, Modernly Nomadic, here: Laura Kenedy's Blog

 During the class with her, she talked about her new video, Justification, coming out in a few weeks and the effects she used in that video. One of the major effects she used was called film burns. I decided for my video that I very much enjoyed this effect and wanted to use it and that is exactly what I did.

If you would like to download some film burn effects for yourself, a great resource for them are the following sites:
 I hope you enjoy this video and are blessed Spiritually as a result of it, which is ultimately my highest goal in making these videos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About